Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rain on Our Parade

The Saturday before St Patrick's Day found us at The Gateway at the parade. And I'm not sure why...cause first of all, we had to get up at 6am to get there on time, second, we had not one child with us! Granted, we were going to meet Jason and Deana, who had kids we could claim, but while trying to locate them, it was just three adults walking up and down the parade route (Dave and I had been talked into going to the parade by Jared, his roommate). And third, it was cold and windy....we stood in line at Starbucks for about 30 minutes for a warm beverage!
We finally found our people and had a fun time watching all the roller skaters, horses, Shriners, clans, dance groups, dogs and Catholic school kids in the parade. Partway through, the rain started! I hadn't planned on freezing that morning, so I was only in a tee shirt and light denim jacket. Deana gave me her "magic" scarf that has a huge hole in it so you can put it on like a hat then wrap it around your neck too. Helped a bit. Dave had grabbed a windbreaker from his car, which is about as much of a coat as he ever wears (the man is in short sleeved tee shirts most of the winter!) and it may have helped with the wind but when the rain came, he just got drenched! I was glad I hadn't bothered to wash my hair that morning, and just had crazy hair at work that night...who cares, right??!! We finally left and made it to the Chinese restaurant right before the rain turned to snow :) It doesn't really matter the circumstances, as long as you're with someone who makes you happy, good times will ensue!

Dave and I PRE-rain!

After awhile, we couldn't even snuggle to stay warm, cause he was soaked!!!
The magic scarf cracks me up!

The men--Jason, Jared and Dave. (I like how the J's are snuggling a bit!)
Anything to stay warm I guess!

3 comments:

  1. The magic scarf is AWESOME!! You should start making some! I've been wearing your cute scarves all winter-Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MISS YOU, MY FRIEND!!!! So glad to see you so happy! Love you! Call me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UM...I've been waiting VERY patiently for an update and I'm pretty sure your chinese friend is just as anxious to know what's going in your love life ;)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am daughter, sister, friend, counselor, coworker, niece, caretaker, and world-famous aunt (well, maybe not yet, but someday I will be!) And in September I added wife and stepmother to my titles....I'm loving these new ones! In October 2011 I became a mom to an angel baby, Mercy Faith, whose wings took her straight back to heaven. November 2012 we had the unparalleled joy of becoming the parents to our sweet baby girl, Journey Rose, who has added love, joy and amazement to our lives! I try every day to be kinder, stand higher, love deeper, laugh harder and dream bigger than the day before. One of my favorite sayings is "Women who behave rarely make history". So with that in mind, I do my best to BE, STAND, LOVE, LAUGH and DREAM with a mischievious smile on my face and a wink in my eye! I love my life...in short, it's everything I never knew I always wanted...

layout