Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Wish I Had Ambien.....

My roommate got back from Ireland tonight (she's been gone for 6 or 7 weeks) and told me how she spent hours all cozy in the rented oceanside cottage writing her novel and how she could see a lighthouse out her bedroom window. I'm a lover of lighthouses, so that alone made me want to jump on a plane and live there! And while swapping our"what-have-you-been-up-to-since-I-saw-you-last" stories, I told her that I became a grownup while she was gone and started a blog! I said I'd only posted one thing! She asked if I'd written anything about my health issues as of late.....and, hmmmmm, nope. Haven't. When I told her I'd actually written about The Creek, she just laughed. Which is all one really can do about that! So I decided that I'd say a thing or two.... Not about the health stuff tonight, cause I'm still a work-in-progress, and will update when there's something to report. But there was a funny-slash-hateful night recently....so Saturday I had my sister and some nieces/nephews over for pizza and a "Twilight" viewing (which we never watched due to all the chatting). When they left I decided to have a party of my own with a couple of tablespoons of Nyquil (don't judge me....I don't have an Ambien script!) Then the itching started....like, that crazy "I'm-allergic-to-something" itching on my hands and feet. I'm about to head to Smiths at 4am, when I find a benadryl (only expired last July, so it's ok still) and popped it. Totally worked. Then, I decided I needed some motrin for the monster cramps that showed up totally uninvited (nervy...) but had to eat something with them. What's the most healthy middle-of-the-night snack, you ask? A handful of almonds, of course. While chewing I felt some pain in one of my molars then realized the almonds weren't THAT crunchy....and pulled a piece of tooth outta me mouth! Could it be any more hateful???? So in the middle of the night tomorrow (11am) I get to go see good ole' Dean. That's Dr Robinson, DDS for the sake of my visit. More later, I'm sure it'll be at least 3 thousand 50 dollars.....I'll let you know. Moral of the story? We probably shoulda watched "Twilight".

2 comments:

  1. Um when is your black cloud gonna blow over? Just wondering how long I'm gonna need an umbrella to be your friend. Love you! Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, my love, I'd love to tell you when my black cloud is leaving...two reasons why I can't: 1--No idea. 2--Haven't been invited to view your blog. Why don't you get on that, eh?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am daughter, sister, friend, counselor, coworker, niece, caretaker, and world-famous aunt (well, maybe not yet, but someday I will be!) And in September I added wife and stepmother to my titles....I'm loving these new ones! In October 2011 I became a mom to an angel baby, Mercy Faith, whose wings took her straight back to heaven. November 2012 we had the unparalleled joy of becoming the parents to our sweet baby girl, Journey Rose, who has added love, joy and amazement to our lives! I try every day to be kinder, stand higher, love deeper, laugh harder and dream bigger than the day before. One of my favorite sayings is "Women who behave rarely make history". So with that in mind, I do my best to BE, STAND, LOVE, LAUGH and DREAM with a mischievious smile on my face and a wink in my eye! I love my life...in short, it's everything I never knew I always wanted...

layout