Monday, September 7, 2009

Baby Bridger Being Birthed

May 19th 2009
We welcomed another beautiful baby into the
Wilson family--it seems my siblings are only able to produce beautiful babies for some reason, and it doesn't seem fair, really, but I'm not ever going to complain!
Bridger Ellis Wilson became the 20th child to know me as Aunt Mellie, which is, of course, my FAVORITE name to be referred to! I was invited by Jenn & Kent to be there for Bridge's first actual birthday, which put me in the delivery room for 4 of their 6 kids. I wasn't invited to Hayden's birth because I sort of hated Jenn back then. Listen, it's a long story, and she'll tell you EVERY chance she can get, but I'd rather not rehash old details nor pour the proverbial lemon juice in old wounds, so it's neither here nor there right now, ok? Anyway, nor did Jenn invite me to Chase's birth because, well, quite frankly, she didn't give birth to him and I think it would have been awkward had she invited me without Chase's mom's permission. Besides, I didn't even know Jenn when Chase was born....I'm pretty sure she was in high school in '96, anyway. But I digress....so I'm in the room this time, for all the waiting, along with Tammy, Jenn's sister Mandi (who, when I'm with either of the two of them, make me practically wet my pants every time!) and Jenn's mom, Lynne. Without going into all the details, let's just say that I think we pretty much laughed that kid out of his mother! He was definitely welcomed into this world in the presence of much joy!We first set forth the goals of the evening...
Then the waiting began (for me, at the perineum)...
Mandi practiced just in case she had to step in and take over pushing duties...
After all of OUR hard work was over, we snuggled up for a quick nap...
And Kent and Jenn waited for the last time for one of their bugs...
TaDa!! Here's the sweet boy (see, I told you I'd leave out all the gory details/pictures)
Holding his mama's hand for the first time....
...and his Mellie for the first time, too!
Getting a little face time with his adoring fans/favorite Aunts...
...and reassuring his parents that they can do this one more time!
Welcome to our hearts, Snuggle Bug #6

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am daughter, sister, friend, counselor, coworker, niece, caretaker, and world-famous aunt (well, maybe not yet, but someday I will be!) And in September I added wife and stepmother to my titles....I'm loving these new ones! In October 2011 I became a mom to an angel baby, Mercy Faith, whose wings took her straight back to heaven. November 2012 we had the unparalleled joy of becoming the parents to our sweet baby girl, Journey Rose, who has added love, joy and amazement to our lives! I try every day to be kinder, stand higher, love deeper, laugh harder and dream bigger than the day before. One of my favorite sayings is "Women who behave rarely make history". So with that in mind, I do my best to BE, STAND, LOVE, LAUGH and DREAM with a mischievious smile on my face and a wink in my eye! I love my life...in short, it's everything I never knew I always wanted...

layout