Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sisters! Sisters! There were never such devoted sisters...

For a reason I cannot yet comprehend, I "assisted" my Mom in choosing Christmas Day 2009 as the day we'd take our Wilson Family photos....bad idea. For oh so many reasons. These pictures are exhibit A in proving that the whole group family pictures were a disaster. But, as on that day, this day, too, I won't dwell on my poor choices! It was bitter cold and these pics show that only the toughest of the Wilson clan can still smile while freezing their backsides off! Notice the absence of men...except, of course, our faithful photographer, Dave, who had my camera. Kyrsten had Jenn's. Bless their souls!

Me, Amy, Jenn and Amber...I didn't get the memo that we weren't posing "sassy"...

The impromptu photo shoot started because I wasn't willing to leave this beautiful bridge without at least a few pictures taken there! Amy, Jenn and I started it, then noticed that Steve and Amber's car was still in the parking lot a hundred yards away, so we waved her over as well! That's just called taking advantage of a gorgeous setting!

A little sass, just cause we can!

We had fun, laughing the whole time--I don't think they believed we were really going to TOUCH the frozen bridge metal...but I was seriously focused on doing just that!

...and here we are, bravely snuggling with the frigid metal!

...then we had to snuggle with each other to warm up!


Oh yeah, we went ahead and climbed on up...then straddled it for good measure! Totally worth it, I think, cause it's such a fun pose!

And it was hysterically funny trying to hold each other up there!

I wish all my sisters had been there to play with us! I'm SO grateful for each of my sisters, who build me up and love me just the way I am!

2 comments:

  1. Melanie, you girls are beautiful. The light around you is what really catches the attention. What a fine idea for Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! That was so fun, and FREEEEEZING!!! But, mostly fun! We miss you already and are hoping you will come visit soon, so get on it!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am daughter, sister, friend, counselor, coworker, niece, caretaker, and world-famous aunt (well, maybe not yet, but someday I will be!) And in September I added wife and stepmother to my titles....I'm loving these new ones! In October 2011 I became a mom to an angel baby, Mercy Faith, whose wings took her straight back to heaven. November 2012 we had the unparalleled joy of becoming the parents to our sweet baby girl, Journey Rose, who has added love, joy and amazement to our lives! I try every day to be kinder, stand higher, love deeper, laugh harder and dream bigger than the day before. One of my favorite sayings is "Women who behave rarely make history". So with that in mind, I do my best to BE, STAND, LOVE, LAUGH and DREAM with a mischievious smile on my face and a wink in my eye! I love my life...in short, it's everything I never knew I always wanted...

layout